Monday, October 8

Third time is a charm

At least that is what I am hoping for. My blog has gone pink, I am going to cheer on all the walkers in The 3 Day this weekend and everywhere you go everything has gone pink. All of this is in an effort to raise money to find a cure for breast cancer. I am working on making some treats for all the walkers. As a walker the cheering stations were always the best part of your day. Just as you were thinking that you couldn't take another step, someone was standing there or driving by honking to cheer you on your way. One little person could make an entire group of walkers continue when we thought we couldn't take another step. However, no matter how difficult the walking is, it is nothing compared to fighting breast cancer.

So as I sat here tonight, I signed up to walk in the 3 Day next year for the 3rd time. I am starting earlier than ever, so hopefully the training and fundraising won't be as crazy as they have been in the past.

I'll walk 60 miles over the course of three days with thousands of other women and men. The net proceeds will support breast cancer research, education, screening and treatment through Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund.

I've agreed to raise at least $2,200 in donations. I've set my personal goal at $3,000. So I need your help. Would you please consider making a donation of $60? That is only $1 for every mile I will walk. Every dollar helps, so any amount that you can give will be greatly appreciated!! You can donate HERE!

According to Susan G. Komen for the Cure, approximately 200,000 American women will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year, and nearly 40,000 will die from the disease. That's why I'm walking so far. To do something bold about breast cancer. I hope that you'll share this incredible adventure with me -- by supporting me in my fundraising efforts.

Thank you in advance for your generosity!

No comments: