Thursday, May 31

A Muse Challenge # 5 Card 3


I had planned for this to be one of my quick "stamp and go" cards. I stamp, color, maybe add an embellishment and I am finished in 10 minutes. Well this card had other ideas. I wanted to make a "real sandy" island for this image; sounded simple enough. I stamped the skinny oval with Versamark, embossed with Stampin Up Heat and Stick Powder and added my sand. It all fell right off. I tried a glue pen; it fell right off. And if you know me, you know that one way or another I would get that sand to stick! I tried every glue that I own and it wouldn't stick or it would make the sand all mushy. Finally, I remembered that I just got Stampin Up 2 Way Glue and tried that. AND IT WORKED. The sand will still rub off a bit so I dont' think this card will ever be mailed to anyone. Alas, that was not the end of the trouble with this card. I tried the rock and roll method on the sun, but could never get it to look right. Then I stamped the tree with Stampin Up Basic Brown, however I stamped it too low and the hammock was in the water; not that lying in a hammock in the water would be such a bad thing. I then stamped the tree and hammock again on white cardstock and cut out just the hammock and tied some linen thread to it; after trying many other types of thread of course. I put the sandy island to the card and glued the hammock over the island. But no, I couldn't stop there. I thought I bought the wave stamp yesterday, but I guess I put it back. I had to pull out my Cool Carribbean ink and a blender pen to make some waves. I thought it needed some sparkle so for the last touch, I added waterfall Stickles to the waves and stamped the sentiment. Now I need to be laying in the hammock to relax after this card. I think for the next card, I am going back to my simplicity. I hope!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff, I love beach scenes.